Signing a document using a Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate. DSC has offered several benefits in procuring various government & private services. Recently many government offices and agencies have appreciated the use of DSC for signing purposes & fast workflow that validates the data digitally.
Let us discuss how a Class 3 DSC can help in making your signing processes easy & the method to use a digital signature to sign an electronic document. In this article, we will also talk about some technical requirements, system configuration, and software that you need to sign a document.
Know About Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate
A Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate
is a form of an electronic document that stores all your personal information in a secure digital space. It is equivalent to your physical paper-based certificate. It has many benefits over a physical certificate. A digital signature
, offers a cybersecurity safeguard to all your essential data & protects them from being tempered or altered.
It renders all signing benefits that a user can have in their signing processes. Not only it protects your data from an unauthorized entity but offers a wide advantage in authenticating the signer's identity electronically. Because it is layered up with cybersecurity, no one can easily steal your sensitive data. It becomes legally binding as per the IT Act, 2000 by ensuring the authenticity and integrity of the data exchanged.
Who Can Offer You A Class 3 DSC?Certifying Authorities
are responsible for issuing a Class 3 Digital Signature in India. These certificate authorities are authorized by the Controller of Certifying Authority
CCA, Govt of India. Capricorn CA
is a Licensed Certifying Authority in India
that offers a range of DSC, Public Key Infrastructure PKI solutions, eSign services, and other DSC-related solutions. You can easily apply for your Class 3 DSC
by using your online portal with multiple modes of the application process. After a successful verification, you would be able to download your certificate.
What Are Some Common Usages Of Capricorn DSC?
From signing to protecting your personal data, a digital certificate
is being widely used in many government & public sector works. For a business or legal document, it offers a plethora of benefits including signing as well as authentication.
Several professionals such as doctors, lawyers, CA/CS, bankers, government officials, and self-employed entities use a Class 3 DSC filing & registering ITR, GST, DGFT, EPFO, company domain, trademark/patent, and e-auction at various Government Portals.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Digitally Sign A Document
Here is a step-by-step process to use a Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate
effectively. Below are some steps that may help you to sign your documents in just a few minutes.
1) Plug in your Capricorn Branded Crypto Token in the system to attach your Digital Signature with it.
2) Open the chosen documents you want to digitally sign.
3) To proceed, click on the "Tools" option in the menu bar, then select "Certificates" and finally click the "Open" button.
4) Now, an option of “Digitally Sign” will appear on the top of the ‘Toolbar' of your screen.
5) Now, click on the “Digitally Sign” option; drag and select the chosen area on your document where you want to attach your signature.
6) Upon completing the previous step, a pop-up window will appear on your screen displaying all the digital signature certificates currently available on your device.
7) Select your Capricorn DSC & click on the Continue button to proceed ahead.
8) Now, every detail related to your DSC
will be visible on the screen & you can also customize your signature as per your requirements.
9) Click on the “Sign” button to proceed to sign.
10) After selecting the digital signature certificate, you will be prompted to save the PDF file. Choose a name for the file and then click the "Save" button to complete the process.
11) After successfully saving the documents, you need to provide a valid DSC User PIN, & click on the “login” button.
12) Upon completion of the signing process, your digital signature will appear on your document.
Capricorn DSC offers a user-friendly and secure approach to signing digital documents, forms, files, and folders. This method shields your valuable personal data from cyber threats, forgery, and spam. With Capricorn DSC
, you can easily sign documents with a single click, making it a hassle-free process. Moreover, this technology allows you to sign your documents from anywhere, anytime
, making it a convenient solution for busy professionals. Overall, Capricorn DSC is an efficient way to sign important documents while ensuring the security and authenticity of your digital signature.