Digitization has introduced untiring digital solutions for various government and private services. Many government bodies are relying on the usage of smart digitally empowered solutions for their official works and activities. To add a benefit to the procurement of government services and schemes, it is advisable to use online service platforms. It is proved to be an easy, convenient, and hassle-free solution for many e-procurement services.
A digital signature is prominent in performing transactions at different portals such as MCA, filing ITRs, IRCTC, DGFT, ICEGATE, and GST returns submission. This signing certificate is used to sign an electronic document anywhere and anytime.Why is DSC necessary for filing Income Tax Returns online?
A digital Signature is necessary for several taxpayers to avail of some tax benefits and services. Any organization or individual can register their identity on the income tax portal or avail of some direct benefit through online submission.
E-filing of income tax return ITR is mandatory for any individual/employee/professional whose total annual income is 25 lakhs and above. If an organization or business entity is concerned, they have to submit a tax return if the gross income is 1 crore and more as per the revised provision of section 44AB of the Income Tax Act.
The Digital Signature has encouraged safe and secure online transactions at the government service portal. Several e-filing users who register and file their income tax return submission use Digital Signature Certificate.
The Digital Signature Certificate has made its reputation in various electronic signing processes where authentication of user identity is necessary. Thus, DSC
for income tax return serves as indispensable accountability of user identity for filing the return submissions at the portal.Who can issue a Digital Signature Certificate for Income Tax Returns E-Filing?
A Licensed Certifying Authority CA like Capricorn CA issues Class 3 Digital Signatures for the Income Tax department. These Licensed Certifying Authorities are authorized by the Controller of Certifying Authority CCA, Government of India. Register Your DSC at the Income Tax Portal
Any registered taxpayer user can get several benefits by registering their entitled DSC at the new income tax portal. A user can perform various activities on the new portal which are mentioned below:
1. A taxpayer can register their DSC.
2. A taxpaying entity can perform a re-registration process if the registered DSC has expired
3. A taxpayer can re-register DSC if the registered DSC has not expired.
4. A user can register the DSC of the Principal Contact.
All taxpayer users who are willing to use their DSC for e-filing of income tax returns can register DSC on the new portal by using the ‘Register DSC' service. The DSC registered on the old e-filing portal will not be transferred to the new one due to some security and technical issues.What are some prerequisites that have to be kept in mind while registering for DSC at the income tax portal?
1. A person should be a registered user of the e-filing portal with a valid user ID and password.
2. You have to download and install the designer utility.
3. Your USB token which is obtained from a Certifying Authority CA should be plugged into the system.
4. Your DSC should be of class 3 certificate.
5. Your DSC should be active and not expired.
6. Your DSC certificate should not be revoked.Procedure To Register DSC at the Income Tax Portal
Here is a step-by-step guide for registering for DSC at the income tax portal. Follow the instructions and proceed to each step one by one.
1. First, you have to visit the income tax website and log in to the e-filing portal by using your user ID and Password.
2. After logging into your account, go to the “My Profile” page from the Dashboard.
3. Now you need to click on the Register DSC button on the left side of the screen.
4. Enter a valid email ID linked with the DSC token. Please select the required checkbox to affirm that you have downloaded and installed the required utility and click on the Continue button.
5. Download the utility, you can click on the hyperlink for the same under Need Help.
6. Now you have to select your Provider and Certificate. Enter the Provider Password and then click on the Sign button.
7. After successful validation, a success text will be visible on the screen with the option to go to the Dashboard.
Follow the above instructions to register your Digital Signature Certificate at the Income Tax Portal. Avoid any error while performing the registration process. DSC offers you safety, reliability, convenience and secures your confidential personal details from any cyber attack or cyber spam.